Civil Society Organisations have worked together on a paper on the budgetary control of NGOs funded by the European Union.
The document contains our perspective and experience on the availability of EU funding and current challenges, tranparency, access to to funding and procedures, evaluation and auditing and dialogue between the European Commission and NGOs.
It is a contribution to the preparation of the European Parliament own initiative report on this topic due to be adopted in the first part of next year.
Please find the Civil Society Paper on budgetary control of funding NGOs from the EU budget with a summary of recommendations on the need to:
- protect the role and independence of NGOs
- ensure sufficient levels of funding to NGOs
- Better evaluate the use of financial instruments and trust funds and their impact on NGOs
- foster tranparency in the allocation of funding
- reduce administrative burden and increase fairness in access and implementation of EU funding
- Build a constructive dialogue between the European Commission as funder and NGOs