Ahead of the EU Colloquium on Fundamental Rights on 26 and 27 November 2018, EU networks and national civil society organisations have joined forces around our working group on civic space and fundamental rights to prepare some concrete action points for the European Union.
These key action points are aimed to securing the role of civil society organisations, human rights defenders and social movements in protecting and promoting human rights:
- RECOGNISE AND SPEAK UP FOR CIVIL SOCIETY
- SECURE AN ENABLING SPACE FOR CIVIL SOCIETY
- MONITOR, DOCUMENT AND ANALYSE
- PROTECT CIVIL SOCIETY FROM ATTACKS
- TAKE LEGAL ACTION TO UPHOLD THE ROLE OF CSOs
The complete statement can be downloaded here: Joint-civil-society-statement_Fundamental-Rights-Colloquium