CSE’s mission is to contribute to EU recognition of the essential role and value of independent and plural CSOs in building and nurturing a democratic society that is based on fundamental rights.
- Create an enabling environment for horizontal exchanges between civil society organisations and movements across Europe.
- Contribute to policy development on transversal issues of common interest as agreed by the membership.
- Promote civic space for civil society at all relevant levels based on fundamental rights.
- Strive for the recognition of civil society organisations by policymakers.
- Ensure the renewal of European Democracy, promoting the transparency of decision making and participation of civil society organisations in European decision making processes.