Concerned by the lack of a coordinated and adequate response that is exacerbating fear, racism, and indifference among citizens in Europe, as well as by the violations of human rights experienced by migrants and refugees.
Stressing that the current “refugee and migrant crisis” will not cease in the short term and that longer term policies and a holistic approach combining different policies are needed.
CSE calls for the establishment of a structured dialogue between decision-makers and civil society organisations on the issue of migration. This should be at both national and EU level in order to develop a long term response where actors from different fields and sectors play their appropriate role.
Read more about CSE Call Structured dialogue on migration
Read more in the following links about the positions each CSE members on migration and refugees:
- Association Européenne pour la défense des Droits de l’Homme (AEDH)
- European Association for Local Democracies (ALDA)
- Culture Action Europe (CAE)
- CONCORD Europe
- European Citizens Action Service (ECAS)
- European Disability Forum (EDF)
- European Movement International (EMI)
- European Alternatives (EuroAlter)
- Young European Federalists (JEF)
- SOCIAL PLATFORM
- European Youth Forum (YFJ)